Tina’s Top tips for great Festive photos
Christmas pictures lacking a little something? Follow these great tips to add a bit more sparkle to your festive photos!
- Make sure your camera is fully charged, that there is room on your memory card and your lens is clean!
- For fab party pics of your friends, ask them to put their heads together, lean forward a little bit (never back) everyone looks their best and less chins are visible!!
- Remember: your camera flash will only work up to a distance of about 10-12 feet maximum, on smaller cameras even less.
- Make sure you have the ‘red eye’ flash on your camera, remember that the first smaller flash is followed by the bigger flash.
- For those cute, adorable nativity play shots, Choose either a front seat OR an aisle seat so you can stand up without blocking anyone’s view from behind. Use flash only if you really have to. Most camera’s have a night-time function which increases your camera’s ability to take low light shots without a flash.
- Wait until the end of the play – or the ‘gathering around the manger’ bit as this is usually well lit and everyone is still.
- Christmas cards, we love the cute ones of our kids in a Santa* outfit!! (*Or whatever you choose!!) Make time to dress them up and pose them, sit them safely (deep in the sofa perhaps), as near to window light as you can and take some pictures. Better still come to one of my free toddler group mini sessions with that special outfit (see below for details).
- On Christmas Day – have that camera to hand ALL the time, especially for when Grandad falls asleep and you manage to draw a moustache on him!
- Take a photo of each present your children opens, you can then print/email this out as a thank you to the person who sent it, they’ll love seeing the smiles of delight.
- Make sure you are in one or two pictures with the kids as well, looking suitably festive!
Have a lovely Christmas!
When you open that new camera on Christmas Day, remember to book your place on one of my photography workshops in January, so you can REALLY get the best out of your camera – better still, make sure that a workshop gift voucher is part of the package!! Download Tina Bolton Photography festive photography tips as a pdf.
Mini Santa Shoot Sessions are being held as follows:
Thursday 8th November – NCT Small Talk & Baby Talk, United Reform Church, Petersfield, 10-12
Wednesday 14th November – Baby Sensory Classes, Greatham Village Hall, 10-12
Monday 19th November – NCT Haslemere – Royal School, Hindhead, 10-12
Tuesday 20th November – Baby Sensory, St Alban’s Church, Hindhead 10-12
Thursday 22nd November – Baby Sensory, Haslemere Prep School, Hill Road, 9.30-2pm
I will also be at Stepping Stones in Sheet, date to be confirmed.